Thoughts on the iPod Touch...
Well, I've had my iPod Touch for about 72 hours and here are some quick thoughts, both pros and cons.
1) It's an amazing device. After only several days, I can say it's lived up to it's hype. All those who have an iPhone know the story, but it's great to see and play with the interface yourself.
2) The web browser - WOW. Almost every site I visit is viewable and the way in which you touch the screen to navigate is simple yet beautiful. Optimized sites such as Facebook and Gmail look even better.
3) Wireless iTunes - I bought my first item wirelessly. Easy, simple, and fast. So much better than plugging into the computer and having to sync.
4) Youtube - the integration is stellar and it's super addictive.
5) Coverflow - Playing music and scrolling with cover art is simplicity.
6) Photos - a true star app. The photos look amazing and being able to see them horizontally or vertically simply by tilting the screen is awesome.
Now for the cons,
1) The screen and metallic surface are a fingerprint magnet. It blurs the image too so you need to clean frequently.
2) Wireless is fast, but I've had a few hiccups connecting to all the wifi sites out there. Nothing major, but technical problems that Apple usually doesn't have.
3) Thin - it almost feels too thin. It has a great heft and feel, but I'd almost sacrifice the thinness by a few mm for external speakers, hardware volume control, or longer battery life.
4) Lack of third party apps - While people try to hack the ipod touch, I wish Apple would allow third party applications like computers have.
5) The price - for 16 GB, $400 is steep. Not as bad as the iPhone, but still high.
Overall, I love the iPod Touch. It's a great ipod and an even better portable internet machine. Apple has done a great job and deserves all the kudos and dollars it's raking in...